Introduction to Legends
you have seen what you've wished
Guardian of Lore
Immortal Admin
Welcome to Legends.

Maybe I'm just window-shopping. Why should I sign up for this site?
Well, I'm not you; but if it were me, I would sign up for this site sheerly for the near-limitless number of options for my role play; there are criminal gangs, elite soldiers, oathbound knights, mad scientists, spies, nobles, magic, monsters, gods, and everything in-between, all packed into one world where my character can go pretty much anywhere and do whatever the heck seems like a good idea. You can cross the entire continent to play with someone else's character, if you want to. You can spin your own tales of court intrigue, mortal peril, quests of self-discovery, and devious plots, or just enjoy the simple life. Whatever story you want to write, it needs only to be written.

Okay, maybe I'm curious now. But I'm still on the fence.
That's alright. Guests are allowed to post here in the Welcome Center, and you're more than welcome to visit the support center to ask questions about the site, the role play, the lore, or whatever else you want to know that can't be answered by anything I may have to throw at you.

What kinds of characters can I play?
Well, you must pick one of the humanoid races to play, but other than that, really anything that strikes your fancy. The world of Astraia is a big place; where they came from and where they're going is up to you. To learn more about creating your character(s), please visit our kickstart guide to character creation.

You mentioned magic?
Indeed I did. The world of Legends, better known as Astraia, does possess magic. This magic has a system designed to keep it from becoming a free-for-all superpower, but without limiting the gratification of role playing with magic. Creativity is encouraged with players who utilize magic, and those who go up against it. Magic also has a significant place in the heart of Astraian lore; but I won't get too ahead of myself there.

How much lore do I have to know?
Well, that's up to you. The role play has been designed so that you may take part in it rather easily with minimal reading requirements. But if you want more depth to your role playing experience, then you should visit the lorekeeper index and take a look at some of the beginner lore.

What's the actual plot of the role play?
Haha, yeah, there isn't one. As I mentioned, it's up to you to create your own stories; you may utilize almost any aspect of the world to create your own adventures and see how they play out. If you need a little help from the gods to nudge you in the right direction every now and then, you only have to ask.

Whoooaaa. That's kind of broad. Where would I start?
Well, once you've created your character, I would just take the jump off the deep end. Join an ongoing adventure, or start your own. Remember that your character can travel across the continent to partake in adventures, though they can also have plenty of adventures right at home. If you're not that bold though, you can head up the plot discussion board and look for people to start playing with.

So now that you're here, sit down a while, take a load off, and join us!
last edited Aug 18, 2017 16:40:11 GMT
0 likes
with careful hands, i'll let you down
i won't let go, stand up now