The Gods
you have seen what you've wished
Guardian of Lore
Immortal Admin
the gods
There are eight worshiped gods in Astraia; while views of the gods may change from culture to culture, these eight are the only deities known to current civilization.

last edited Aug 18, 2017 16:00:48 GMT
0 likes
with careful hands, i'll let you down
i won't let go, stand up now
Guardian of Lore
Immortal Admin
"
The goddess of champions does not 'save' anyone. She is a beacon of light in our darkest hour, a pinnacle of strength for a hero to draw upon when they are needed the most. Those who pray to her for her miracles do not do so except in their direst moments, for that is when destiny unfolds.
"

- High Priest Cathigar of Tirricus

aspect(s).
Elisandra's divine aspects are willpower and selflessness. She is called the goddess of destiny for inspiring in mortal men and women the determination to change their fates and accomplish great things, sometimes providing the nudge required for them to take their first step onto a new path. Reigning over champions and heroes, her teachings are that every sacrifice necessary, including that of self, should be given towards the upholding of one's own values and beliefs. Elisandra is not as often prayed to as some of the other gods, like Farul and Xaen; her power does not have much place in the mundane lives of the many.

temperament.
Elisandra has a mild temperament. Though she is not quick to forget, she will forgive more easily if her forgiveness is earned, and there is always a place in her heart for someone truly in need.

symbols.
Elisandra's symbolic animal is the gryphon. Her metal is platinum, and her tree is the oak.

relations.
Elisandra is the younger sister of Zalu, a relationship that is often interpreted as the connection between destiny and fate, over which both goddesses reside. Elisandra is generally the brasher of the two, but accepting of her older sister's wisdom.

Elisandra is also well-known to be Gedderin's lover, which some see as fitting, while others see only a cause for slight confusion. Those that see it as fitting see the connection between the god of change and the goddess of destiny, whose stubborn will inspires change in the course of fate. Those who are baffled by it see the trickster god of balance and fortune, a shady gamble at best, who is not nearly so righteous or selfless as the goddess of champions. Nevertheless, their connection is strong, Elisandra being the only one known to change Gedderin's mind about anything, both of them almost neck-and-neck in stubbornness.
0 likes
Guardian of Lore
Immortal Admin
"
I believe that it is when we are most lost that Zalu can most greatly answer our prayers; she cannot alter our futures, but she can see them as we never could. And it is her all-seeing sight which shows the way to our road's end.
"

- late High Priestess Saya of Aera

aspect(s).
Zalu's divine aspect is truth, plainly and simply. Her nigh omniscient eyes see both the past, present, and future if she so desires, for which she is known as the goddess of fate, but she is valued by her worshipers for her answers to the many questions they may hold. Zalu is not fooled by deceit or omission of fact, and is an unbiased observer of the unfolding of civilization's future.

temperament.
Zalu is an endlessly patient goddess, quietly knowing, having no need of proof or earned respect.

symbols.
Zalu's animal is the nightingale. Her metal is copper, and her tree is the spruce.

relations.
Zalu is older sister to Elisandra, goddess of destiny. While Elisandra tends to be reckless, Zalu instead has a quiet, grounding patience to keep her wilder younger sister in check.
0 likes
Guardian of Lore
Immortal Admin
"
Only a fool or else a desperate man with nothing left to lose would pray to Gedderin for a miracle, for in doing so he should instead receive a disaster.
"

- Zax Silverscale, Silverscale patriarch

aspect(s).
Gedderin's divine aspects are balance and change. As the god of balance, Gedderin reigns over the constant shift of energies in the world, especially luck and magic, but this aspect is dual-sided in nature - Gedderin strives to keep the scales equally balanced, so to speak, and while he can sometimes be accredited for good fortune, this is often forgotten in the backlash of bad luck. Gedderin also watches over the changes of the world, such as losses, gains, the turning of the season, growth of age, and so on. He makes the changes he feels are necessary himself, whether or not they are popular changes, and for this especially he is considered a trickster, for he oftentimes answers prayers with changes that were not asked for.

temperament.
Gedderin is generally impatient, having little patience or forgiveness, though often being the one who crosses rather than the one who is crossed. He thinks nothing of the distaste of others and very rarely considers himself to have a wrong to right; most of the time, he has his own fiendish ulterior motive to pursue, finding entertainment in the antics of mortals.

symbols.
Gedderin's symbolic animal is the hare. His metal is gold, and his tree is the birch.

relations.
Gedderin is well-known as the lover of Elisandra. Though he and the goddess of heroes are often at odds with each other, he does not often win a debate with her, something that reflects in the tendency of heroes to overcome adversity and danger. Though it cannot be said that their relationship is a standard fairy tale romance with a happily ever after, it is strong nevertheless.
last edited Aug 10, 2017 2:39:44 GMT
0 likes
Guardian of Lore
Immortal Admin
"
Woe to any man who finds himself set against the goddess of war; the intensity of her gaze alone is said to bring to light all that will be his undoing, sometimes even driving him into madness and depravity.
"

aspect(s).
Daene's divine aspects are thought and discipline. She is considered the goddess of war, for she is a master of strategy and manipulation, with little value in morality; and in the same breath she is called the goddess of wisdom, for her dedication to the furthering of knowledge and problem-solving. Daene is most commonly called upon in the pursuit of knowledge and victory.

temperament.
Daene is of a level head, difficult to anger, but with no room for forgiveness and very little room for mercy.

symbols.
Daene's animal is the falcon. Her metal is bronze, and her tree is the aspen.

relations.
Daene is the twin sister of Veyr, god of battle. Most consider them to be two sides of the same coin, despite their differences. Even though Veyr is the older and stronger of the two, Daene possesses a much older air than he, and is oftentimes the only one capable of keeping her wild brother in check.
last edited Aug 10, 2017 4:26:04 GMT
0 likes
Guardian of Lore
Immortal Admin
"
Veyr is the pinnacle of all that a dragonkin may hope to be; fearsome in anger, loyal in friendship, and honorable in battle. Perhaps it is barbaric to some, but all who would spill blood by their blades should aspire to follow his example, for it is the only noble barbarism.
"

- late Bey Fur Silverscale, former Silverscale matriarch

aspect(s).
Veyr's divine aspects are strength and courage. He is revered as the god of battle for his sway over the tides of combat, with his endless strength and martial prowess. Almost all warriors worship Veyr reverently, for Veyr does not know fear, and inspires that fearlessness in his followers. He is often considered the god of glory for his honorable teachings, and he is more apt to aid warriors who act with courage and honor than spineless cowards who cannot fight fairly.

temperament.
All things considered, Veyr is happy-go-lucky when it comes to forgiveness. He forgives and forgets quite easily, if one should survive long enough to earn his forgiveness, though he is short of patience and temper to begin with.

symbols.
Veyr's symbolic animal is the wolf. His metal is steel, and his tree is the redwood.

relations.
Veyr is twin brother to Daene. Though he is technically the older of the two, he does not necessarily act like it, and often looks to his sister when he is in need of guidance; however, his tendency to charge in bullheadedly indicates that he does not often feel that he is in need of her guidance.
0 likes
Guardian of Lore
Immortal Admin
"
More fearsome than the gods of war and more compassionate than the goddess of the sea is he who brings death and carries life in his hands, who answers the prayers of the truly desperate, or who may heed the call of the vengeful.
"

- late High Priestess Saya of Aera

aspect(s).
Farul's divine aspects are life and death. He rules over the gift of life, and all that may bring it to an end. He is sometimes thought to be responsible for widespread disasters such as famine and plague, but is also worshiped daily for every day that death does not come. Farul does not play judge and jury, deciding all who live and die, but he holds the power to answer their prayers, saving lives and sometimes taking them. Practitioners of medicine and other healing arts are well-versed in his teachings to do all that can be done

temperament.
Farul is quiet and stoic in nature, and is not known for anger in the slightest.

symbols.
Farul's symbolic animal is the crow. His metal is iron, and his tree is the willow.
0 likes
Guardian of Lore
Immortal Admin
"
Compassion is a mightier tool than any weapon. Xaen wields it firmly and resolutely, without exception. Her heart is the most open and the most giving to those who honor their friends and their family; one could not possibly imagine that she is also the most wrathful of the gods.
"

aspect(s).
Xaen's divine aspects are compassion and devotion. She is worshiped as the goddess of love for her power over the heart, heeding the prayers of lovers and widows. Some consider her to be the goddess of family, for her watchful eye over mothers and their children. But Xaen watches over more than such close bonds; she is also the patron of friendship and kindness, teaching her followers to be gentle and kind to all those in their lives, to support and protect those that they love. She is also considered the goddess of the sea by sailors, for the sea's ability to turn from tranquility to boiling rage reflects her own temperament, giving them reason to believe that she is closely tied to all bodies of water.

temperament.
Xaen is a gentle soul, but she does not give second chances. It can be difficult to upset her, but when she is upset, her wrath is mightier and more terrible even than the gods of war.

symbols.
Xaen's symbolic animal is the horse. Her metal is silver, and her tree is the apple tree.
0 likes
Guardian of Lore
Immortal Admin
"
Tyrun is a leader of men, an example of honesty and nobility to all who would look to him. Were it that all men followed his teachings, the world would be a different place, though such a thing is notably impossible, for men as a whole do not always heed the words of the self-righteous.
"

- Head Councilman Az Darkwing of Aera

aspect(s).
Tyrun's divine aspects are justice and virtue. Tyrun lends whatever aid he can to the fight for peace, freedom, and other such noble aspects of justice and equality. He is a god leaders, teaching that wars are not won with strategy or might alone, but with the strength of many rather than the strength of one. He encourages the search for self-betterment in the lives of all people, and admires all virtues, even those which cannot be seen by the mortal eye's first impression.

temperament.
Tyrun is of a mild and reasonable temper. He believes in mercy, but also in justice, and his favor can be difficult to earn back once it is lost.

symbols.
Tyrun's symbolic animal is the stag. His metal is titanium, and his tree is the maple.
0 likes